Hello all,

I wrote a bash script in Mac OS that takes my .rnw file, knit it and then
makes a .pdf. To knit my file, I'm using the command

Rscript -e "library(knitr); knit('file.rnw', encoding='utf8')"

and everything works fine. However, I don't want the ## characters in my
final document. I tested, using R prompt, the following commands

library(knitr)
opts_chunk$set(comment=NA)
knit('file.rnw', encoding='utf8')

and they give me exactly what I want: the document without comments in the
R commands output. But if I try to run

Rscript -e "library(knitr); opts_chunk$set(comment=NA); knit('livro.rnw',
encoding='utf8')"

I get

Error: could not find function "opts_chunk"
Execution halted

as result. What am I doing wrong? How can I ask for options for my chunk in
knitr using the command line?

Thanks,
--
Marcus Nunes