From: Mason <ma...@verbasoftware.com>
Subject: Re: [R] Archieve of mails from R forum
To: "Marc Schwartz" <marc_schwa...@me.com>
Cc: "Katherine Gobin" <katherine_go...@yahoo.com>, "r-help@r-project.org help"
<r-help@r-project.org>
Date: Wednesday, 27 March, 2013, 7:30 PM

http://r-help.markmail.org/ has a nice interface for searching the archives,
too.

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Marc Schwartz <marc_schwa...@me.com> wrote:

On Mar 27, 2013, at 1:58 PM, Katherine Gobin <katherine_go...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear R helpers,

> Everyday I do receive many many mails from R forum and after some period of
> times, INBOX is filled with numerous mails. At times if for some period of
> time, I haven't accessed mails, it becomes difficult to keep track of mails
> and many times simply due to the volume (and owing to the lack of time due to
> office constraints), I have to simply delete the mails without opening them
> and I understand this is a huge loss.

> If in case I wish to refer to all the old emails that have been appeared in
> the R forum, where do I get these? Is there any list where I will get
> subject-wise of thread-wise archive of old emails? I understand that will be
> an ocean of quality information and one can learn a lot from these old mails
> and I don't need to keep track of my emails all the time.

> Kindly guide.

> Regards

> Katherine

The official archives for R-Help are here:

  https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/

and these are mirrored in various locations, such as:

  http://www.mail-archive.com/r-help@stat.math.ethz.ch/

  http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.general

You can also search the archives for all R lists at:

  http://rseek.org/

  http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/search.html

  http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/

My recommendation would be to set up a mail filter or rule (using
r-help@r-project.org in the the sender and cc: address fields) so that the list
e-mails are automatically moved from your main inbox to a folder just for these
e-mails and you can then browse them as your schedule permits, rather than
having them interspersed with other e-mails in the same location. I do this
with a number of the R related lists and have a folder for each one to keep
them separated. Most e-mail clients and/or online services have some type of
filtering or rule configuration available to do this.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz