On Fri, 29 Mar 2013, Uwe Ligges wrote:

On 29.03.2013 19:07, David Winsemius wrote:

On Mar 29, 2013, at 10:40 AM, ugulum...@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi,

Please what am I doing wrong? I tried installing some views (eg MachineLearning, Multivariate) on R2.15.3, but it keeps on telling me that the package is not available for 2.15.3. Is it true?

You cannot install TaskViews. You (the human) need to read the task view and decide what package you wnat to tell your machine to install.

Actually, you can install task views via the ctv package,

See also the bottom of:

http://CRAN.R-project.org/web/views/

nevertheless, without any reproducible code nor the actual error message it is really hard to help.

Yes, true. But it may help the original poster to look at which packages could not be installed and check their corresponding CRAN web packages. Often the packages have certain system requirements and hence no binary versions are available for certain OSs etc.

hth,

Best,
Uwe Ligges