On 07.04.2013 09:53, Eva Prieto Castro wrote:

Hi Uwe,

Thank you for your help. Then, how can I know (in runtime) then max
width and height I can use?. If it depends on the screen inches, I
should obtain those values in runtime, is this true?.

The appearance in graphic window must be vertical (as A4 paper or
something like that), apart from the fact that the result of pdf created
must be the same as A4 paper.

Well, since it rescales, I'd just open the screen as you proposed and use
     dev.print(pdf, file="test.pdf", width=8.27, height=11.69)
or whatever afterwards to copy *iff* you do not want to use the pdf device directly, which is recommended.

Best,
Uwe Ligges

Regards,

Eva