Hi-

I just upgraded R to 3.0.0 from 2.15.1 (which worked fine).  When I started
trying to install updated versions of the libraries, I saw the following
error:

> install.packages("lme4")

Installing package into 'c:/Docume~1/melissa/R/win-library/3.0'

(as 'lib' is unspecified)

Warning in install.packages :

  path[1]="c:/Docume~1/melissa/R/win-library/3.0": Access is denied

trying URL
'http://cran.case.edu/bin/windows/contrib/3.0/lme4_0.999999-2.zip'

Content type 'application/zip' length 1408286 bytes (1.3 Mb)

opened URL

downloaded 1.3 Mb

Error in install.packages : path[1]="c:\Docume~1\melissa\R\win-library\3.0":
Access is denied

At that point, I noticed that a similar error was occurring when R loads:

Warning message:
In normalizePath(path.expand(path), winslash, mustWork) :
  path[1]="c:/Docume~1/melissa/R/win-library/3.0": Access is denied

The relevant directory does exist, although it keeps getting set to
"read-only".  I can't imagine that being a big issue if I'm running R as an
administrator though

C:\Users\melissa\R\win-library\3.0

Also, I can successfully install packages into other directories (e.g. when
running as an administrator, this works fine):

> install.packages("lme4", lib="C:/Program Files/R/R-3.0.0/library")
trying URL
'http://cran.case.edu/bin/windows/contrib/3.0/lme4_0.999999-2.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 1408286 bytes (1.3 Mb)
opened URL
downloaded 1.3 Mb

package 'lme4' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded binary packages are in
        C:\Users\melissa\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpEXtf89\downloaded_packages

This will allow me to work with most R packages, but not Bioconductor, due
path to the references in the biocLite source file.

I haven't seen any other messages regarding similar issues, so I'm not sure
what is going on.  I've tried reinstalling R, (although I didn't try a fresh
download).

Other relevant details:

This is a personal computer running windows 7.

Any thoughts or ideas of how to get this to work?

Thank you!

Melissa Key