Dear Arne,

  Thank you very much for your response. I will certainly read it carefully
and if I have further questions (after our discussion on this problem), I
will go to R forge. I am relatively new in SFA and productivity analysis.

  Regarding your question on the presence of any software imposing
concavity condition, please read the book Coelli et al 2005, p227-230 (page
number of the book instead of the pdf file). According to the book, the
software Shazam can do the estimation with concavity constraint.

   The book is here:
http://facweb.knowlton.ohio-state.edu/pviton/courses/crp4700/coelli_Intro_effic.pdf

   According to my friend working on panel data, the case where efficiency
>1 is seldom/never encountered, but the book says the opposite.  Thanks,

Miao