Hello
I'm a new user of R and I'm using Deducer as the interface but also
making use of the command interface where necessary.  I'm trying to
replicate Table 6.18 on page 262 in Statistical Procedures in
Agricultural Research, by K. A. Gomez and A. A. Gomez. New York,
Chichester, etc.: Wiley (1984).
http://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/PNAAR208.pdf.  This example is highly
relevant to the type of data we will be analyzing in our department but
nobody here has experience doing partitioning of interactions with
software.

I've managed to replicate all previous steps for that particular
exercise up to this point. If I interpret the syntax correctly, the
table is showing comparisons of specific treatment combinations within
the time variable P. Is this the correct interpretation?  If so, I don't
know how to achieve that with R.  I had initially used SYSTAT for this
exercise and had sent the problem along to their support person and
after a few days the response was that he did not understand the syntax
and, thus, could not replicate the table results. Unfortunately, it's
also one of the few Gomez and Gomez examples not covered in the
"agridat" package. I was trying to do the partiioning with
interactionMeans and testInteractions functions in phia package but made
no headway.  Greatly appreciate any help or direction with this.

 Thanks!

“This email and any attached files are intended for the sole use of the
primary and copied addressee(s) and may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. Any distribution, use or copying by any means of this information
is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please delete it
immediately and notify the sender.”