Dear David,

The package doesn't have an option to customize the output of the trace.

However, you can create a custom version of the package that doesn't print
the
parameters.  Get the package source code, uncompress it, and find the file
de4_0.c in the src/ directory.  Then comment out the calls to Rprintf that
print the parameter values, to read:

        Rprintf("Iteration: %d bestvalit: %f bestmemit:", i_iter, t_bestC);
        // for (j = 0; j < i_D; j++)
        //  Rprintf("%12.6f", gt_bestP[j]);
        Rprintf("\n");

Then re-build and re-install the package (instructions are at
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#Checking-and-building-packages
).