On Fri, 9 May 2008, Michael DiPersio wrote:

I am trying to use winProgressBar, however I find that although
setWinProgressBar updates the value on the screen, getWinProgressBar does
not return this value.
E.g
pb <- winProgressBar()
setWinProgressBar(pb, 0.2)
getWinProgressBar(pb)
[1] 0

It does, but rounded to an integer.  Look at typeof() on the value, or

pb <- winProgressBar(max=100)
setWinProgressBar(pb, 20)
getWinProgressBar(pb)

It would be more flexible to allow the user to round, so I'll change it.

I tried the same with tkProgressBar, and it is working as I would expect
from the documentation.
pb <- tkProgressBar()
setTkProgressBar(pb, 0.5)
getTkProgressBar(pb)
[1] 0.5
... and I get the same result using txtProgressBar .

Does anyone using winProgressBar find the same behaviour, or know the reason
for it?  A search for "winProgressBar" in R-help archive did not reveal
anything, I believe it is a new function to v2.7.0.

sessionInfo()
R version 2.7.0 (2008-04-22)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:
[1] tcltk     stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods
[8] base

Thanks,

Michael

Brian D. Ripley,                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]