I have time series data in named vectors.  They are all the same length for
the same dates.

The dates are in a separate vector.

I want to create a vector of numeric data for every named series, associated
with the dates in a data.frame.

So if...

Names <- c("a", "b", "c")

d <- data.frame(dates=Dates, a=vector(mode="numeric", length=length(Dates),
b=vector(mode="numeric", length=length(Dates), c=vector(mode="numeric",
length=length(Dates))

Then I copy the processed data into d

for(i in SomeVectorOfFactors){
    for(N in Names){
        d[[N]][i] <- FunctionCallOfSomeSort(i)
    }
}

I want to create the data.frame, d, in the same style I access it.

d <- data.frame(dates=Dates, [[Names]]=vectors(.....))

Then it is much simpler to add new columns.

Worik                                                                 ST