>From my larger data set I created a subset of it by using:

subset_1 <- subset(timeuse, IndepTrans = 1, Physical = 1)

where my larger data set is "timeuse" and the smaller subset is "subset_1". The
subset was conditioned on "IndepTrans" equaling "1" in the data and "Physical"
equaling "1" as well. I want to be able to compute the median of a variable
first for the larger data set "timeuse" then for the subset file "subset_1".
How do I identify to R which data set I'm wanting the median computed for? I've
tried many possibilities but for some reason can't figure it out.

Thanks,
Matt.