Hello useRs,

Having trouble getting odfWeave to work here. Crashing at unzipping like noted
in many other posts. The unzip utility referred in the doc no longer exists
(page last updated in 2004 and links are not found.)

If anybody knows how to make it work on XP pls advise. I can manually unzip
from the command line and tried setting that option in the control, but still:

> odfWeave("examples.odt.zip",outFile,control =odfWeaveControl(zipCmd =
> c("pkzipc -add $$file$$ .", "pkzipc -extract $$file$$")))
  Creating  C:\DOCUME~1\BondStep\LOCALS~1\Temp\RtmpMV18bU/odfWeave04122034507
  Copying  examples.odt.zip
  Setting wd to  C:\Documents and Settings\BondStep\Local
Settings\Temp\RtmpMV18bU\odfWeave04122034507
  Unzipping ODF file using pkzipc -extract "examples.odt.zip"
Error in odfWeave("examples.odt.zip", outFile, control = odfc) :
  Error unzipping file

>From cygwin:
$ pkzipc -extract examples.odt.zip
PKZIP(R)  Version 8 ZIP Compression Utility for Windows
Copyright (C) 1989-2005 PKWARE, Inc.  All Rights Reserved. Registered Version
PKZIP Reg. U.S. Pat. and Tm. Off.  Patent No. 5,051,745
Patent Pending

Extracting files from .ZIP: X:\examples.odt.zip

    Unstoring: Configurations2/floater  OK
    Unstoring: Configurations2/images/Bitmaps  OK
    Unstoring: Configurations2/menubar  OK
    Unstoring: Configurations2/popupmenu  OK
    Unstoring: Configurations2/progressbar  OK
    Unstoring: Configurations2/statusbar  OK
    Unstoring: Configurations2/toolbar  OK
    Inflating: Configurations2/accelerator/current.xml  OK
    Inflating: META-INF/manifest.xml  OK
    Unstoring: Pictures/100000000000015F00000163AB6E6424.png  OK
    Inflating: Thumbnails/thumbnail.png  OK
    Inflating: content.xml   OK
    Inflating: layout-cache  OK
    Unstoring: meta.xml      OK
    Unstoring: mimetype      OK
    Inflating: settings.xml  OK
    Inflating: styles.xml    OK

I put a .zip extension as pkzip chokes on anything which is not .zip
Have a great day everybody.

Stephen B