Prof Brian Ripley <rip...@stats.ox.ac.uk> [2013-06-08 23:23]:
On 08/06/2013 23:27, rex wrote:
CGIwithR apparently is not available on CRAN for R 2.15.x, so I

It is not hosted on CRAN. You should ask its maintainer (and package installation problems most often belong on the R-devel list).

Actually it is, but not in the usual place.

See what the posting guide says about that and about upgrading your R before posting.

I did read the posting guide before posting, and I'm in no hurry to
upgrade R, thank you. As you can see from my [Solved] post, the problem
was with 0.72, and 0.73 works with R 2.15.3.

Background: I want to solve the classic diet linear programming
problem. The CGI code needs to parse a POST, access a MySQL DB,
solve the problem (probably using the linprog package), and present
the solution to the vistor. I've done CGI programming in Python, but
not in R and don't know if CGIwithR is a good choice. It hasn't been
updated since 2005 [0.73 was updated in 2010], so a more current
package may be a better choice. OTOH, my needs are (currently)
simple so CGIwithR may be an OK choice.

It would have been nice to get some feedback on the suitability of CGIwithR compared to other CGI alternatives.

-rex
--
Life would be easier if I had the source code.