Hi,

  I try to build a toy package by running the following codes in an R
program

require(stats)
f <- function(x,y) x+y
g <- function(x,y) x-y
d <- data.frame(a=1, b=2)
e <- rnorm(1000)
package.skeleton(list=c("f","g","d","e"), name="test1pkg",
path="D:/R/pkgtest")

   Then the program runs smoothly

Creating directories ...
Creating DESCRIPTION ...
Creating NAMESPACE ...
Creating Read-and-delete-me ...
Saving functions and data ...
Making help files ...
Done.
Further steps are described in 'D:/R/pkgtest/test1pkg/Read-and-delete-me'.

    Since it is a test, I skip all the documentation work and then type
this line:

> R CMD build test1pkg
Error: unexpected symbol in "R CMD"

   I check on the web about the error message. It's said that the command
should be typed in a DOS window (command prompt window?). However it does
not work  in my DOS window either. Could someone tell me how to process the
package building process?

   Thanks,

Miao