All:

Recently my R session freezes when I try to open a file or save a new script
after I have run existing scripts.  The session freezes so that I can no longer
click on any windows within the R session -- including other scripts that are
open or the R console.  (I hear the "ding" sound when I try to click on
anything.)  I have looked at the Task Manager on the computer and R is still
running (and is still responsive according to the Task Manager), but I cannot
do anything within R.  I have tried pressing Esc and that does not help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  I am using a 32 bit Windows 7
computer with 4gb ram and 250gb hard drive.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

~Amanda Ferguson