Dear Prof. Nash,

I tried to run nls with the nlxb function and as you mention it is fairly
slower in terms of running the code. However, if I would have used this
function earlier I would have saved a lot of time trying to find the start
values. The output looks a little bit sloppy but I think it is very usefull
to use in combination with nls.

Thanks
Robbie