Hey guys,

In my data setv ("KD") I have 4 columns
("Punkte.AG1","Punkte.AG2","Punkte.AG3","Punkte.WI") I'm interested in.

These columns contain the participants' scores of a specific task.

I computed the percentiles of the columns using this code:

pe<-apply(X=KD[,c("Punkte.AG1","Punkte.AG2","Punkte.AG3","Punkte.WI")],

MARGIN=2,

FUN=quantile,

probs=seq(0,1,by=.01),

na.rm=TRUE)

round(pe,0)

This is the output (to the 20^th percentile):

pe

Punkte.AG1 Punkte.AG2 Punkte.AG3 Punkte.WI

0%6319

1%74311

2%86312

3%87412

4%97512

5%98512

6%108512

7%108512

8%108614

9%109614

10%109615

11%1010715

12%1010715

13%1110715

14%1110816

15%1110816

16%1110816

17%1110816

18%1110816

19%1210816

20%1210816

So now I know, what percentile a person has, when she/ he scored a
certain amount of points (e.g. 6 points in "Punkte.AG1" = 0%).

Here is my problem:

I now want to write a function that assigns the percentile to the score
(for each task) and saves it in a new variable.

So every person that scored 10 in "Punkte.AG1" gets a "12" in the new
variable "Percentile.AG1".

Every person that scored 6 in "Punkte.AG1" gets a "6" in the new
variable "Percentile.AG1".

The same thing should be done for the other tasks.

I new to R, so I don't have any clue, how to solve that. It would be
awesome, if you would know how to handle that.

Thanks a lot!

Anne

--
M. Sc. Anne-Marie B. Gallrein