Together with Kate Mullen and Achim Zeileis I am on the board of the Foundation
for Open Access Statistics (FOAS), a nonprofit public benefit corporation
registered in California. We have applied for federal tax-exempt status under
Internal Revenue Section 501(c)(3). FOAS has a worldwide mission to promote
free software, open access publishing, and reproducible research in statistics.
Currently financial donations are used exclusively to support the Journal of
Statistical Software (JSS). FOAS, however, also has a number of affiliated
projects that we promote and may support in the future. Our current affiliated
projects are useR! 2014, OpenIntro, Journal of Environmental Statistics,
Spatial Demography, Project Mosaic, RKWard, knitr, RStudio, Shiny, and
R-bloggers. See www.foastat.org for more information. Donate, become a member,
become an affiliated project, join the mailing list or Facebook group.
===
Jan de Leeuw
Distinguished Professor and Founding Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical Software