Is there any way to change the font of a residuals-based legend in the
strucplot framework, e.g. mosaic or assoc plots? I've created labels in mosaic
plots and extended association plots with serif font by specifying the font in
the labeling and labeling_args parameters. This makes the text in the plot is
in serif font. I have tried to make the residuals-based legend in serif font
too by calling par(family="serif") at the start of the code and the end, but
this does not make the legend text serif. I have also tried calling
family="serif" and fontfamily="serif" in the legend, legend_resbased, and
legend_args() arguments. While I am able to specific fontsize and other
graphical parameters in these, family or fontfamily do not seem to work in
these particular arguments.

I'm using Rstudio (Version 0.97.551) through R (Version 2.14.0) on a Mac OS X
10.6. I'm a relatively inexperienced R user. The only reason I'm using R 2.14.0
is because I needed to make an extended association plot for a paper that has
been accepted for publication, but was unable to call an assoc() plot in the
3.0.1 version (it has been confirmed that this is due to a bug in the current
vcd package that will be fixed in the next update). When I re-installed the R
version I originally created the extended association plot on in 2012, it
worked ok, so I'm sticking with that until I can try the updated vcd package in
3.0.1.

My example data is a 6x3 array with row and column names:

   names<-c("A", "B", "C", "D", "E")
   y<-c(340, 37, 110, 17, 71)
   z<-c(720, 14, 6, 141, 120)
   x<-data.frame(names, y, z, row.names=TRUE); x
   attach(x)
   library(vcd)

The code I am using is:

   op<-par(family="serif")
   my.largs<-list(gp_labels=gpar(fontsize=12, fontfamily="serif"),
gp_varnames=gpar(fontsize=12, fontfamily="serif", fontface="italic"))

   names(dimnames(x))<-c("Name1", "Name2")
   mosaic(t(x), gp=shading_Friendly, compress=FALSE, gp_text=gpar(fontsize=12,
fontfamily="serif"), labeling=labeling_values, labeling_args=my.largs)
   par(op)

Is anyone able to help at all?

Kind regards, Gabrielle