On 26.08.2013 12:05, Tyagi, Shalabh wrote:
Hi,

As we are in thinking of installing and using R as a data analysis
software on our machines, we have few questions before going ahead with
the installation. Please find below the questions:

1) Does R allow data to be sent out or processed out of the organization
network (e.g. ability to store data in a drop box, or cloud computing).
If yes, can this functionality be removed (by IT department of the
organization using R) so that every data storage and processing is done
on local machine?

R is a programming language, hence you certainly write code to store data where you like.

2) Does the licensing terms of R  allow usage of software in commercial
environment (especially delivering on client engagements)?  Other way
round, would we be able to use this software for the purposes I need
while complying with licensing terms?

R is distributed under the terms of the GNU General
Public License, either Version 2, June 1991 or Version 3, June 2007.

3) Will R be compatible with our laptop image ?  What are the various
information security provisions available within free version of R. We
have Windows Vista enterprise and Windows 7 enterprise as the primary OS
installed in our machines.

We do not know your image nor do we provide support.

Best,
Uwe Ligges

Please let us know if you need any information from our side.

Thanks,

Shalabh Tyagi

KPMG (in India) allows reasonable personal use of the e-mail system. Views and
opinions expressed in these communications do not necessarily represent those
of KPMG (in India).