Hi,

Suppose I have a data frame with 189 columns. The columns are actually 9 blocks of 21 columns each, each block representing measures on each of 9 products. There are 130 rows. Suppose I extract the first block of 21 columns and make them into a separate data frame. I then want to take the second block of 21 columns and rbind it to the first; then the third set of 21 and rbind it to the first two; etc. The final data frame should have 1170 (= 9 * 130) rows and 21 columns. Is there an easy way to melt the blocks comparable to using the melt function in the plyr package (which is why I'm referring to what I want to do as "melting")? It seems that there should be a simple way to do this. I used a for loop which worked, but I want to see if there's a more efficient way.

Thanks,

Walt

Walter R. Paczkowski, Ph.D.
Data Analytics Corp.