If you say something inn public, it will be there and people may
remember it - you can't take back what you said.

So why is a mailing list different? it is just that we are typing
instead of talking - it goes into the public and there it stays.

Ever heard of the Streisand effect
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect?

I am really tempted to scan the mailing lists to find out how many
contributed three posts which fit the profile...

So live with what you said.

Post a mail where you distance yourself from the posts, but don't expect
that the original ones will disappear.

Cheers,

Rainer

<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>