On 2013/9/23 12:52, David Winsemius wrote:

On Sep 22, 2013, at 10:54 PM, Jinsong Zhao wrote:

Hi there,

I plot a simple plot with the following code:

plot (rnorm(1:10), type = "b")
legend("top", "test", lty = 1, pch = 21)

?par
plot (rnorm(1:10), type = "b")
legend("top", "test", lty = "69", pch = 21)

Thank you very much, it works like a champ! I never know the line in legend can be draw like that.

Regards,
Jinsong

The result is something wired for the line crosses the point in the
legend while the line does not cross the point in the main plot.

Is there possibility to draw the legend that line does not cross the
point, i.e., like the pattern in the main plot?

Any help is really appreciated.