The boxplot function calls other functions, the boxplot.stats function
calculates the stats, then the bxp function does the actual plotting.  So
just look at the structure of the object that is passed to bxp, reformat
your data to that structure, and call bxp directly.

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 8:10 AM, Rodrigo César da Silva <
rodrigo.si...@ipplan.org.br> wrote:

> Hi, I have a data set that contains a set of universities and a number of
> statistics about the performance of students on an exam.  A sample of the
> table follows:
>
> Institutions_Name
>
> Mean
>
> Median
>
> Minimum
>
> Maximum
>
> 1Quartile
>
> 3Quartile
>
> CENTRO UNIVERSITÁRIO LUTERANO DE MANAUS
>
> 58,5
>
> 57,5
>
> 0
>
> 98
>
> 27,6%
>
> 13,8%
>
> CENTRO UNIVERSITÁRIO DO NORTE
>
> 49
>
> 47,3
>
> 15
>
> 85
>
> 36,5%
>
> 8,1%
>
> FACULDADE METROPOLITANA DE MANAUS
>
> 41,2
>
> 41
>
> 15
>
> 71,5
>
> 64,3%
>
> 0,0%
>
> UNIVERSIDADE FEDERAL DO AMAPÁ
>
> 62,6
>
> 63,5
>
> 42
>
> 80
>
> 20,0%
>
> 40,0%
>
> CENTRO DE ENSINO SUPERIOR DO AMAPÁ
>
> 56,3
>
> 57,5
>
> 26,5
>
> 87,5
>
> 7,4%
>
> 14,8%
>

> Can I build a set of bloxplots in R using only this information? I know
> how to build a boxplot using the boxplot function, but I do not have access
> to the actual data, just this statistics.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Rodrigo Cesar da Silva
> Analista de Informações
> IPPLAN - Instituto de Pesquisa Adm e Planejamento
> Tel.: (12) 99258-1042

Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
538...@gmail.com