Are you familiar with the sos package?  Consider the following:

library(sos)
op <- findFn('orthogonal polynomial') # 165 links in 35 pkgs
ops <- findFn('orthogonal polynomials')#158 links in 35 pkgs
op. <- op |ops    #  194 links in 43 pkgs
save(op., file='orthopoly.rda')
summary(op.)
install.packages('orthopolynom')

gq <- findFn('gauss quadrature')   # 160 links in 50 pkgs
gnq <- findFn("gaussian quadrature")#129 links in 42 pkgs
gq. <- gq|gnq     #  219 links in 67 pkgs
summary(gq.)

       The print method for "op." or "gq." opens a web browser with a
table of all the help pages matching the search term sorted to list
first the package with the most matches with links to all the help
pages.  A vignette explains more including how to generate a spreadsheet
with a summary by package.

       One more thing:  As far as I know, the most general distribution
capabilities in R is the "distr" package and companions like "distrEx".
Unfortunately, I was not able to find anything for orthogonal
polynomials or quadrature built on those packages, though it should not
be too difficult to develop.

       Hope this helps.
       Spencer