On 13.10.2013 02:52, srecko joksimovic wrote:
ok, ok... thanks.
I'll try with R-sig-ME

Or for short, you are trying to estimate more coefficients than you have degrees of freedom which is what
rank of X = 1660 < ncol(X) = 1895
tries to tell us.

Best,
Uwe Ligges

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Jeff Newmiller <jdnew...@dcn.davis.ca.us>wrote:

Any idea what could be the problem? Hmmm...  posting in html? No
reproducible example? Not posting on R-sig-ME? Just some ideas... reading
the Posting Guide might be helpful to you.
DCN:<jdnew...@dcn.davis.ca.us>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live
Go...
                                       Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing

srecko joksimovic <sreckojoksimo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to user lmer function from lmerTest package because, if I
understood correectly, it allows to make better inference than lmer
method
>from lme4 package. However, whatever I do I keep getting this error:

Error in lme4::lFormula(formula = mark ~ ssCount + sTime+  :  rank of X
=
1660 < ncol(X) = 1895

any ideas what could be a problem?

thanks,