Dear all,

I was wondering whether (or better: how) I can use R to read recursively a
directory to get all the sub-folders and files located in the root folder and
put it into a tree like structure where the leaves are files and intermediate
nodes are the directories? The idea is that I'd like to plot the structure of a
certain root folder to be able to restructure the file system.

Any ideas on that? I was googling a lot but apparently I did not use the right
terms ("R tree folder" or "R tree directory" takes me mainly to pages about the
"R-tree" a structure for spatial access methods [at least I learnt something
new ;)])

Any pointer to the right function is highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Thorn Thaler
NRC Lausanne
Applied Mathematics