On 10/25/13 19:24, Alexandra Kuznetsova wrote:
Thank  you for the reply!
I need to use it in the package for constructing the contrast matrices.
    Really?
  Renaming a variable like y2 <- y^2 will not be a solution for me...

With sufficient effort and diligence (and programming skill) I am sure that this
    technique could be made to work in your context.
Will try to look whether the  function dummy.coef can be modified to work this
issue.

As I said before, the problem is really buried inside the all.vars() function, whose workings are buried in the R internals. This would not be at all easy (and would probably be dangerous)
    to modify.

    cheers,

    Rolf