Hello everyone,

This is Kangmin.

I am trying to produce shape and scale of my wind data. My data is based on
wind speed frequency with 1km/hr increment. data is described below.

Windspeed (km/h)    Frequency
1       351
2       147
3       317
4       378
5       527
6       667
7       865
8       970
9       987
10      907
11      905
12      642
13      1000
14      983
15      847
16      842
17      757
18      698
19      632
20      626
21      599
22      529
23      325
24      391
25      356
26      267
27      230
28      223
29      190
30      142
31      124
32      104
33      97
34      37
35      62
36      46
37      42
38      24
39      9
40      13
41      9
42      5
43      2

R codes to calculate shape and scale are described below:

Pine.windfrequency.4weeks<-read.table("C:/Users/kmoon/Documents/Pine_frequency_4weeks.csv",header=TRUE,sep=",")
fitdistr(Pine.windfrequency.4weeks$Frequency, densfun="weibull")

I have got an error message when I was using 'fitdistr' function

"Error in fitdistr(Pine.windfrequency.4weeks$Frequency, densfun = "weibull")
:
  optimization failed"

Please help me calculating shape and scale of weibull distribution.

And please understand that I am not an user familiar with R program but I am
really trying to make my analysis work on R!

Thank you!!!

Kangmin.