Hello,
I would like to draw a map of Europe. Each country should be colored depending on how it scores in an index called GPIndex. Say a dark red for real bad countries a light red for those which are not so bad, light blue for the fairly good ones and so on up to the really good ones in a dark blue. I never worked with geographic maps before so I tried library maps but I didn't get far,- especially because all examples I found only seem to work for the United states. So I'm a bit lost.
I would be nice if somebody could help me.

Thanking you in anticipation!

Best regards

Claudia