Hi all,
I have in my code some vectors that are not of equal size. I would like to be
able for each of these vectors select 6 elements that are (almost) equally
spaced. So the first one would be at (or close) to the beginning the last one
at (or close) to the end and the other 4 equally spaced between first and last
element.

How can I do something like that on a vector of not known size?

I would like to thank you in advance for your help

Regards
Alex