Hello,

I´m using function aggregate in R 3.0.2.  If I run the instruction
x<-aggregate(cbind(mpg,hp)~cyl+gear,data=mtcars,quantile) I get the
result the following data.frame:

cyl

gear

mpg.0%

mpg.25%

mpg.50%

mpg.75%

mpg.100%

hp.0%

hp.25%

hp.50%

hp.75%

hp.100%

4

3

21.5

21.5

21.5

21.5

21.5

97

97

97

97

97

6

3

18.1

18.925

19.75

20.575

21.4

105

106.25

107.5

108.75

110

8

3

10.4

14.05

15.2

16.625

19.2

150

175

180

218.75

245

4

4

21.4

22.8

25.85

30.9

33.9

52

64.25

66

93.5

109

6

4

17.8

18.85

20.1

21

21

110

110

116.5

123

123

4

5

26

27.1

28.2

29.3

30.4

91

96.5

102

107.5

113

6

5

19.7

19.7

19.7

19.7

19.7

175

175

175

175

175

8

5

15

15.2

15.4

15.6

15.8

264

281.75

299.5

317.25

335

So far so good, however the strange part happens when I run dim(x) or
names(x), because the results are 8 4 (dim(x)) and "cyl"  "gear" "mpg"
"hp" (names(x)). Why this occurs and how do I transform it in a regular
data.frame with 12 columns?

Thank you in advance,

Daniel

> sessionInfo()

R version 3.0.2 (2013-09-25)

Platform: i386-w64-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

locale:

[1] LC_COLLATE=Portuguese_Portugal.1252
LC_CTYPE=Portuguese_Portugal.1252
LC_MONETARY=Portuguese_Portugal.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C

[5] LC_TIME=Portuguese_Portugal.1252

attached base packages:

[1] grDevices datasets  splines   graphics  stats     tcltk     utils
methods   base

other attached packages:

[1] svSocket_0.9-55 TinnR_1.0-5     R2HTML_2.2.1    Hmisc_3.12-2
Formula_1.1-1   survival_2.37-4

[1] cluster_1.14.4  grid_3.0.2      lattice_0.20-23 rpart_4.1-3
svMisc_0.9-69   tools_3.0.2

"Confidencialidade: Esta mensagem (e eventuais ficheiros anexos) é destinada
exclusivamente às pessoas nela indicadas e tem natureza confidencial. Se
receber esta mensagem por engano, por favor contacte o remetente e elimine a
mensagem e ficheiros, sem tomar conhecimento do respectivo conteúdo e sem
reproduzi-la ou divulgá-la.

Confidentiality Warning: This e-mail message (and any attached files) is
confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed. lf you are not the intended recipient of this message
please notify the sender and delete and destroy all copies immediately."