On Nov 4, 2013, at 11:52 AM, Nicolas Gutierrez <nicolas.gutier...@msc.org>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to run an ADMB function on R for Mac and need to find a substitute
> for the Windows command shell(). I tried system() but I get the following
> message:
>
>> system(ADMBFile)
> /bin/sh: /Users/nicolas/Desktop/SPE/LBSPR_ADMB/L_AFun.exe: cannot execute
> binary file
>
> Any hints please?
>
> Cheers,

Why would you expect a Windows executable file (L_AFun.exe) to run on a
non-Windows operating system?

This is not related to the system call, but that you are trying to run the
wrong executable.

ADMB is presumably associated with AD Model Builder and you may be better off
posting to the r-sig-mixed-models list:

Regards,

Marc Schwartz