Can you use those programs to get to the package tar file directly:

  http://ftp.ctex.org/mirrors/CRAN/src/contrib/ggplot2_0.9.3.1.tar.gz

If so, you might want to download it and then install as a local package
installation on the remote server from the CLI (eg. using R CMD INSTALL ...).

You might also want to look at ?download.file for some additional hints on
download methods which can be specified in the install.packages() call
('methods' argument) and possible options to deal with proxies if that is the
issue.

If you cannot use those programs to get to the tar file directly, it is
possible that the remote linux server is blocked from accessing the CRAN mirror
network. If so, check with a SysAdmin to see if there is something on the
remote server that needs to be configured to allow you access to CRAN mirrors.

Regards,

Marc