Instead of trying to modify the file, why not generate it from the data that
you have.  Is the array in your mail an example of one of many that have the
configuration data?  If so, why don't you just create the output file from
that data.  You can just loop through and do 'writeLines' to create the
"init_file".

Jim Holtman
Cincinnati, OH
+1 513 646 9390