The version is mgcv 1.3-27. Last night, I dropped out many arguments from my
program to test which part
might be the source of causing this error message, and found that the
program works when just using corAR1().

This program has no this kind of problem in the beginning, but doesn't work
after I impute some missing data
in PM10 and tmean by multiple imputation approach. Hope this information can
also help identify the
element of this problem.

LC

> From: Simon Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: r-help@r-project.org
> Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 08:55:02 +0100
> Subject: Re: [R] an unknown error message when using gamm function
> What version of mgcv are you using, please?

> On Wednesday 21 May 2008 06:16, Lung-Chang Chien wrote:
> Dear everyone,
>
> I'm encountering an unknown error message when using gamm function:
> >         fitoutput <-
>
> gamm(cvd~as.factor(dow)+pm10+s
(time,bs="cr",k=15,fx=TRUE)+s(tmean,bs="cr",k
>=7,fx=TRUE) +

,correlation=corAR1(form=~1|city),family=poisson,random=list(city=~pm10),da

--
Lung-Chang Chien
Doctoral candidate, Department of Biostatistics