On 11/13/2013 07:20 PM, Keniajin Wambui wrote:
The serialno represents each individual in the data set.The total
count of the serialno will represent the whole sample

  I want to do a graph to compare the total data (serialno) vs each of
the remaining five variables yearly. i.e to show the total data
(serialno) vs available data for one of the variables in the above
case temp axilla.

The above code plot count of temp_axilla yearly,how can I include
serialno to be part of the plot?

I have used
library(ggplot2)
library(foreign)
utils package

Hi Keniajim,
It is not easy to work out what you want. If each serial number is an individual and you want the total number of individuals (dataset is "mydata"):

length(unique(mydata$serialno))

If you want the total number of individuals per year:

nind<-function(x) return(length(unique(x)))
year<-as.numeric(format(as.Date(mydata$date_admn,"%d-%b-%y"),"%Y"))
by(mydata$serialno,mydata$year,nind)

Perhaps this will give you a start.

Jim