You have not provided the minimal reproducible code that the footer of this
email asks for, so we are playing 20 questions.

Perhaps you should convert the matrix to a data frame? Or is this an example of
FAQ 7.16?
DCN:<jdnew...@dcn.davis.ca.us>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing