On 11/20/2013 08:17 AM, peter dalgaard wrote:

On 20 Nov 2013, at 04:15 , David Winsemius <dwinsem...@comcast.net>
wrote:

On Nov 19, 2013, at 5:30 PM, Vinod Mishra wrote:

Dear All,

I am new to R. Can someone please direct me to an R package using
which I can estimate a Parametric Survival Analysis model with
Left-censored (delayed entry) data in it.

I recently received reviewers comment on my submitted article,
where the reviewer suggested that only R has capabilities of
estimating above mentioned survival model. However, I am not able
to figure which specific package in R, the reviewer was referring
to.

Look at:

?Surv

... after loading the survival package. (I do think you would be
advised to seek statistical consultation.)

In particular, notice the difference between left censoring (some
patients are known to have died at an unknown time before t0) and
left truncation (we only know survival times for patients alive at
t0). Delayed entry is the latter.

And in that case you could try the functions 'phreg' (parametric proportional hazards models) and 'aftreg' (accelerated failure time models) in the package 'eha'. Both functions allow for left truncation, right censoring and and a choice of distributions.

Göran Broström

--

David Winsemius Alameda, CA, USA