I am able to use lmer on an older computer without this error, but the new
version (downloaded yesterday) gives me this error message:

Error in [[<-.data.frame(*tmp*, i, value = integer(0)) : replacement has 0
rows, data has 117

model1<-lmer(threatened~as.numeric(focal.chel)+as.numeric(opponent.chel)+(1|as.factor(males)),na.action=na.omit,data=spiders)

I would really like to be able to use the newer version, as I've read that
it has fewer problems with false convergence than older versions. Any help
anyone can offer as to how to get this to run without the above error would
be greatly appreciated.

My data can be found here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16881915/Rfile.txt

Thanks!!!