Hi all,
I have the following reproducible example

z<-c(-5:40)
w<-c(11, 11, 12, 14, 14, 14, 15, 16, 18, 25, 26, 26, 26, 27, 27, 30)
 r<-z %in% w

now r gives me the presence or absence of elements in z that are in w but I am
interested in getting the number of times each element in z appears (or doesn't
appear)  in w. I want the dimension of my resulting vector to be the same as
that of z. How do I do that?

 Thanks in advance
 Mintewab

disclaimer: http://lse.ac.uk/emailDisclaimer