On 03/04/2014 12:40 AM, 张以春 wrote:
Dear friends,

I have a question don't know how to do. I want to plot two graphs in one column
of one plot. Also, I want to make every graph to be a square with width to be
8cm, and their gap is 2cm. How do I set up in par()? Thank you very much.

Yichun

Hi Yichun,
Your question is not entirely clear, but I'll try to make some suggestions. If what you mean is the "figure" region (that's the plot and the margins around it), you want something like this:

x11(width=3.15,height=7.09)
layout(matrix(c(1,3,2),ncol=1),heights=c(1,0.25,1))
plot(1:5)
plot(1:5)

If you just want plots with nothing around them, maybe this:

x11(width=3.15,height=7.09)
layout(matrix(c(1,3,2),ncol=1),heights=c(1,0.25,1))
par(mar=c(0,0,0,0))
plot(1:5,axes=FALSE)
box()
plot(1:5,axes=FALSE)