Good morning,

i'm new in R and i have two questions, i hope someone could help me please:

1) For example if i put alfa<-X*Y, is there any way that when i put "run
line on selection" (or ctrl+R) the result
appears without having to write again "alfa" and then again "run line on
selection" to see the result?

2) When i select a column vector, for example Y<-datos[,2] ("datos" is in
spanish, it means "data"), R doesnt
recognize that column as a vector; if i put dim(Y) it says "null". What i do
is to transplant the variable twice and put Y<-t(t(Y)), and then R recognize
the column as a vector. Is there a way to make R recognize the vectors as
vector in a first place (and avoid to do what i do)?

Many many thanks and sorry for my english!
Agustín