On Thu, 13 Mar 2014, Tim Marcella wrote:

Hi,

I am working with hurdle models in the pscl package to model zero inflated overdispersed count data and want to incorporate censored observations into the equation. 33% of the observed positive count data is right censored, i.e. subject lost to follow up during the duration of the study. Can this be accounted for in the hurdle() function?

No, this is currently not supported. If the censoring points are fixed (e.g., counts of "5" actually mean "5 or more") then using an ordinal model might be an alternative to using a count model. However, if the censoring points differ, then I wouldn't know of a package that provides this out of the box...

Thanks, Tim