Hi R users,

This isn’t a R-specific issue, per-se, but I thought that this list would have
some helpful input on this topic.  First, a bit of background.  I am working on
a project which is interested in following approx 1000 students each semester,
and collects about 15 different measurements about each student.  These are
both numeric and text, for example grades in a course, race, gender, etc.

I am looking for a verification protocol which can look at a data file and see
if it has been modified.  Ideally, this should be something that I can check
the file with to see if the file has been changed or corrupted and incorporate
into my analysis workflow.  (i.e., every time I look at my data, I can run this
protocol to ensure the file hasn’t changed.)

Thanks!
-Steve

--
Steven F. Wolf