On Apr 2, 2014, at 8:09 AM, Elizabeth Caron-Gamache <babeth_...@icloud.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I search on your website for a definition of the CORDIF test, but it wasn’t
> successful. I’m analyzing an article that use that test and it’s not really
> documented on the net. The article refers to your website, so I pretend that
> you will be able to give me a brief explanation of this test. Here is the
> cote that talk about this test in my article :
>
> ‘' To compare these regressions and to see which—either body height or LLL—is
> best related to performance (Pearson correlation coefficients comparison), a
> CORDIF test (R software [www.r-project.org], multilevel package, ver- sion
> 2.12.1) was performed.
>
> Does it use parametric or non-parametric values ?
> Is it a test to compare 2 groups only or it can be used for a comparison of
> more than two groups ?
> Why is it so hard to find information on that test on the net ?
>
> Thanks for your time
> Have a nice day
>
> Elizabeth Caron
> Physical therapist student, Laval University, Qc, Canada

Thanks for including the citation, which indicates that the CORDIF test is part
of the 'multilevel' package, which is on CRAN:

  http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/multilevel/index.html

The reason that it is likely difficult is that 'cordif' is an abbreviation for
"correlation difference", not the proper name for a test.

If you review the provided documentation for the package:

  http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/multilevel/multilevel.pdf

you will see that there is a description of the cordif() function and a
reference given:

Cohen, J. & Cohen, P. (1983). Applied multiple regression/correlation analysis
for the behavioral sciences (2nd Ed.). Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum
Associates.

I would review the package documentation and reference and if you have further
questions, contact the authors of the paper.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz