Greetings,

I'm interested in performing some post hoc tests after conducting a
multivariate analysis of covariance (MANCOVA) which I performed using the Anova
function in the car package. The covariate did not end up being statistically
significant, but the single factor's effect on the multivariate response was
statistically significant.  From here, I would like to use the linearHypothesis
function in the car package to test for where significant differences are
occurring.

Codewise, to fit the MANCOVA i've used:
Model_1 <- Anova(lm((Y)~X+covariate))
I've then tried to perform multiple comparisons using:
linearHypothesis(Model_1,matchCoefs(Model_1,"X"),white.adjust=TRUE)

After I run the 2nd bit of code I get the error message: " Error in
vcov.default(model) :   there is no vcov() method for models of class
Anova.mlm".

Presumably, this means that I've stuffed up in trying to estimate the
variance-covariance matrix for the Anova function.

Any suggestions/help to resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Nic Surawski