I'm looking for a method to analyse behavior data that can be assigned to
multiple categories
as a proportion with all the categories adding to 1 and some explanatory
variables and repeated measures on some individuals.

Data would look something like this

AnimalID Behavior1 Behavior2 Behavior3 Covariate1 Covariate2
1 0.75 0.2 0.05 1 0
2 0.5 0.25 0.25 0 0
2 0.6 0.3 0.1 0 0
3 0.7 0.25 0.05 1 1

There is a fractional multinomial logit model (fmlogit) in Stata that is
designed to do this
analysis ala
Papke, Leslie E. and Jeffrey M. Wooldridge. 1996.  Econometric Methods for
Fractional Response Variables with     an Application to 401(k) Plan
Participation Rates. Journal of Applied Econometrics 11(6):619-632.

but I have not found anything in R.  If anyone knows of something similar
in R or perhaps a different approach I would be grateful to hear about it.

Thank you
Brian Battaile
University of British Columbia
US Geological Survey