Dear List,

I'm looking for well-commented versions of various functions comprising
mgcv, so that I can modify a piece of it for a project I'm working on.
In particular I'm looking for

  * testStat
  * summary.gam
  * liu2
  * simf

Obviously I can find these by typing mgcv:::whatever.  But there are a
lot of nested if statements, making it difficult to follow. Comments in
the code describing exactly what is happening at each step would make my
life a lot easier.

Where can I find more-detailed versions of the code?

Thanks,
Andrew