On May 27, 2014, at 4:46 AM, Andy Siddaway <andysidda...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Dear R help,
>
> I cannot login to my account. I am keen to remove the posting I made to R
> help from google web searches - see
> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/R-software-installation-problem-td4659556.html
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andy

You cannot. From the bottom of the R Posting Guide
(http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html):

Posters should be aware that the R lists are public discussion lists and
anything you post will be archived and accessible via several websites for many
years.

There are a plethora of list archives on the web and there is no provision for
removing specific posts from all sites that might possibly have a copy of your
post. Google, by the way, is not the only search engine that will include and
archive your post in searches.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz